Since January 2005, Pastors Frank and Marisa Hensley and Associate Pastors Seth and Traci Thompson have led the way forward with Spirit filled worship services and outreach ministry in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ. This Spirit filled congregation joyfully began their first worship service on Sunday morning, June 15, 1986. Our first Pastor, Allen Turner, led the way beginning in a small house in the city of California. Within five months, New Life Christian Center was incorporated with the State of Missouri. Shortly afterwards, land was donated by a group of Christians who had changed plans about building their own church. Ground was broken and building began with the cornerstone laid in September, 1988. Three months later on New Year’s Eve, the first worship service was held in the building.
Our four pastors minister Spirit-led and faith-building teaching designed to take our congregation from the milk of the Word of God to the meat, and from religion to reality. Whether it is assisting in a community wide event, teaching a small group study, promoting world missions or helping an individual in their journey through this life, the pastors of NLCC are sharing Jesus with others. We are here to pastor our church family when they experience the birth of a baby, the death of a loved one, a hospitalization, planning a wedding or need of prayer. Let us know if the Lord has led you to become a part of our growing church family!
What We Believe
- We believe the Bible in its entirety to be the inspired Word of God and the infallible rule of faith and conduct.
- We believe in one God— Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the first begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, was born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified and died, was buried and resurrected, ascended into heaven, is now seated at the right hand of God the Father, and is both true God and true man.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
- We believe in personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in sanctification through the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit, and we believe in personal holiness, purity of heart and life.
- We believe in divine healing through faith in the Name of Jesus Christ, and we believe that healing is included in the Redemption.
- We believe in water baptism, in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as distinct from the New Birth, in speaking with tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance (Acts 2:4), in the gifts of the Spirit (1 Corinthians 12-14), and in the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5). We believe that all of these are available to believers.
- We believe in the Christian’s hope: the soon-coming, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This New Life – Gospel Bridge
Our church property was divided by a creek so we needed to build a bridge to cross over to the other side. Many pictures were taken as friends made progress in the construction of it through all four seasons of the year. It serves to remind us how love can build a bridge even when divisions occur. And we all need help as we go through seasons of life. Will you join us in building bridges? Together, we can build stronger families and lasting friendships. We find the way to build bridges is in 2 Corinthians 5:14-6:3. “The love of Christ constrains us…has given us the ministry of reconciliation…as workers together with Him…now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.”